With the cold temperatures and travel around this time of year our immune system's can often be compromised. This simple tea recipe can help keep your immune system strong. Ginger has anti-inflammatory effects and can help nausea and muscle soreness, and the lemon and orange are high in Vitamin C. Cinnamon is loaded with anti-oxidants which also have anti-inflammatory properties. Cayenne pepper also increases body temperature and boosts metabolism.
- Organic Ginger Root
- Lemon and/or Mandarin Orange
- Organic Cinnamon Spice
- Organic Cayenne Spice
- Organic Chamomile or Ginger/Lemon Tea
- Organic local honey *Optional as the squeezed orange juice makes it deliciously sweet
- Echinacea or Ashwagandha Tincture
- Chop organic ginger root into thin slices
- On the stove in a small pot, boil water and ginger slices
- Take a lemon and/or orange slice and squeeze the juice in the pot
- Add cinnamon and cayenne spice (as much as desired)
- Stir in a teaspoon of honey
- Boil the water until the ginger root feels soft and the ingredients have had a chance to mix. I like the ginger root slices in there (to eat them after) but you can also use a fine strainer to pour just the liquid into your cup.
Once ready I like to steep an organic chamomile tea bag in it for it's calming affect.
*For extra immunity add in drops of an echinacea tincture
*To help with stress or anxiety add in drops of ashwagandha tincture